Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Stanley Parable

The Stanley Parable is about an office worked who is, of course, named Stanley. The game might not be considered a game so much as a piece of art or a Choose Your Own Adventure story, but it since it was sold and played as a game (more or less), it'll be called a game. In all seriousness, the narrator, which was the main focus of the game's elements besides the exploration, adventure and humor, added a lot to it. Overall, it was a good game.

The Stanley Parable was originally based on a mod by the same name, which was significantly less beautiful, but still somehow just as atmospheric and funny. The only problem with this release is that you have to go through the intro like 20 times to go experience every ending, which means you'll want to take a rest after a few of them. I liked it just as much as the original mod, and since it's all story, I can't really say much unless you play the game yourself.

54th game I've beaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment